Thursday 26 May 2016

Chapter 3 - Tr’och

Chapter 3.


AUTHOR NOTE: 
[THESE STORIES HAVE YET TO BE EDITED, NOR PROOFREAD BY ANYBODY. YOU'LL NOTICE THIS CHAPTER IS WRITTEN IN A WEIRD FASHION, I HAVE YET TO CHANGE THE SETTING, THAT'S WHY. THEY WILL BE DONE SOON, I PROMISE. BUT I'M WORKING ON 4 DIFFERENT NOVELS AND IT'S REALLY TOUGH GETTING ALL OF THEM EDITED. I WILL GET IT DONE SOON THOUGH.  THANK YOU.]


It’s been three days since we arrived into Furonacia. All of us were busy training ourselves to become stronger to fight against this calamity. We were introduced to the King’s guard captain who supervised our physical and combat abilities.

Captain: “Hina-sama, you must raise your shield higher! Nakajou-sama, pull on your bow harder!”

Hina: *puff puff puff* “But this shield is so heavy… How do people carry around such a giant shield and wield a sword at the same time!?”

Nakajou: “The wind is too strong today! That’s why I couldn’t hit my mark!”

Hey… Weren’t you guys one of the best players back in the game?

I am currently sparing with Kurisu-san, both of us were wielding a metal short sword and a small shield. Of course, the blade has been blunted by some magic, so it will not kill us, however it hurts like hell when you do get hit by it.

Kurisu: “Here I come Leader-san!”

Kurisu holds up his sword up high as he shouts and leaps. Is he really trying to kill me? Slashing three times in a row, I parry his sword with mine. I push the tip of my sword towards him only for it to be blocked by his shield. He then jumps up high, holding his sword above his head, bringing down the sword in a straight vertical line. I dodged by side stepping to the left and rammed his right arm with my shield. His sword falls out of his grip and is knocked over to the floor, I quickly close the gaps and aim my sword against his chest. With a face of defeat, Kurisu raises both of his hands and admits defeat.

From behind, a person was clapping at our performance, it was the Captain.

Captain: “That was impressive sparing Soujiru-sama, Kurisu-sama. There were some problems with foot work and openings but both of you did well. You have indeed improved so much in such short amount of time.”

Both Hina and Nakajou seems to be glares at both of us, receiving such compliments while they get a scolding, I did kind of feel bad for them. Offering a hand to Kurisu, I pull him up to his feet as he begin to dust the dirt off his clothing.

Oh, we are still stuck in level 1 by the way, no one has yet to level or gain any form of EXP. We haven’t gotten a chance to go out hunting for monsters due to lacking in combat experiences. Captain was in charge of teaching the heroes basic combat abilities and evasive mauvers. He is actually a good person, but his way of teaching is very strict.

Captain: “Now, Soujiru-sama, you requested to become a mage, is this correct?”

Soujiru: “Yes, close combat is not really my type.”

Captain: “That is indeed unfortunate, you do have talent in the ways of the sword, but having a magician within the party is indeed very beneficial.”

That’s right, we decided to remake our original team composition from the game. Hina is training to become a guardian using a shield and sword, while Nakajou is to become a ranger and Kurisu is training in be a warrior. The job system in this world is very similar to the game and it is very straight forward. At level 1, you are available to choose between certain classes: Guardian, Warrior, Rogue, Ranger and Mage. After levelling up to the requirement, you are able to take on an Advanced Job. For a Mage, some advanced jobs would be Cleric, Oracle, Summoner, Druid, Sorcerer, Enchanter, and much more.

Captain: “Yes, so I believe Soujiru-sama is ready to get his first job advancement.”

Hina: “Ehh? Already? What about us?”

Nakajou: “That’s right! What about us?”

Captain: “Both of you will require a few days more training and I will allow you to take on the job advancement. Kurisu-sama only requires about a day more till he is completely ready.”

Hina: “Boo- No fair.”

Kurisu: “Now, now, Hina-san, let’s work together to get better.”

Captain: “Please take this letter of introduction to the Magician’s guild, they will help you to get your job advancement.”

With a nod, I look at the other three and Hina is still sulking.

Soujiru: “I’ll meet you guys at the Shield Bar tonight, we’ll have more to chat then. Captain, thank you for your training.”

Captain replied with a smile and a nod and returned to face the other three. I began making my way towards the Magician’s guild.

The training with the Captain was done just outside the castle within the most inner walls. Furonacia’s city is made up of three sections; Inner city, Middle City and Outer City, all of them being separated by a massive wall. The castle and the knight’s training ground is located in the inner city, while as the magician’s guild is located in the middle city.

I walk towards the inner city’s gates being guarded by 6 knights. As I approached, they took a quick glance at the ring the King has given us, and quickly saluted.

Guards in union: “Hero-sama!”

I can’t get used to this… I avoided all form of attention back in my real world. Even throughout my middle school and high school years, I always skipped class and went up onto the roof to read. I even waited to leave school until I was sure most of the students were gone first.

Soujiru: “Umm… thanks for the hard work.”

Guard: “Not at all Hero-sama! Please go through the gate.”

Again, being saluted, I give them an uncomfortable smile as I begin to walk through the gate. The King said that this ring was proof that I am a Hero and it would grant me extraordinary powers to help against the calamity. We have yet to see what these powers are, but the proof of being a hero was indeed real.

In a distance, I hear the guards muttering with each other. “We got to meet one of the Heroes! I got to go tell my family about this!” “Let me go brag to the other guards!”

I put my hand on my forehead and give a deep sigh. Nope, I don’t think I’ll ever get used to this.

In front of the gates, was a busy main street, countless people were walking around, chatting and some screaming. This was the Common Marketplace, there were stalls made from wood all lined up in the centre of the market, while large buildings were surrounding them. The atmosphere to this place was happy and lively, people in the stalls were shouting to attract their customers, while others were bargaining for the best deals.

I walked into the line of stalls while making sure to hide my right hand with the ring in my pocket. People were selling things from equipment, jewelry, food, different type of live animals and clothing.

Soujiru: “[Command – View Money]”

*Ding*

A small semi-transparent screen popped up in front of me.

“Money – 5,000 z"

We were given money from the support of the country, and as we help the country, more rewards will be given to us. Apparently 5,000 zins were a decent amount of money, a person working full time in a store was earning only 500 zins a week. Now, what should I do with this pocket money?

*Growl*

Ah, I’m pretty hungry from all that training, maybe I’ll grab a bite before I head to the guild. I look over at one of the stalls and a man in their late 50’s were selling chunks of meat on a stick. Smell of the food was divine, a mix of spices and meat juice aroma floated into my nose.

Yup. I’m going to try one of those. I walked up to the stall and met the man behind the counter.

Old man: “Welcome young lad! What can I get ya?”

Soujiru: “What are you cooking over here?”

Old man: “Ohya? This is called Tr’och, you’ve never seen one before lad? The meat is from the Mountain Bulls, they’re one tough monster to beat, but their meat is so tender and delicious!”

They sure do look delicious, I can see the juices squeezing themselves out of the meat, like it was begging me to eat them.

Soujiru: “I’ll take one, how much?”

Old man: “Attaboy! That’ll be 10zins lad.”

Soujiru: “[Command – Withdraw Money: 10 zins]”

*Ding*

10 copper coins appear in my hand and I pass the money to the shop owner.

Old man: “Here you are lad, come again!”

I accept the freshly made Tr’och and look at it once more. Red bite sized meat pieces with a hint of golden brown were skewered into a long, thin wooden stick. The meat had been sprinkled with some herbs and spices, reminded me of rosemary and chilly from my world. The smell was getting irresistible, so I took a large bite out of the meat and paused.


… What is this?

*NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM*

I couldn’t stop stuffing my face with the meat, man, I had some good food in the castle on the day of the summoning. However, this meat… how tender is this meat!?  It felt like a hot knife cutting through butter, there were hardly any resistance when I bit onto it. The meat was silky smooth and juicy as I chowed through it. It only took a few seconds to finish the skewer. This quality of meat for 10 zins… I look back at the store and the old man was looking back and smiling while gesturing if I wanted more.



God damn it. Eh. Why not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment